The 11th Annual
City of West Hollywood Women’s Leadership Conference
was Saturday, May 13, 2017
Sponsored by the City Of West Hollywood
An exciting daylong event geared toward women who live, work and play in West Hollywood.
The City of West Hollywood welcomes participants who want to effectively launch and partake in an advocacy initiative and activism. Attendees can cultivate their leadership skills to change the world!
The day features dynamic speakers, engaging panel discussions, advocacy workshops and valuable online and offline tools/resources.
Admission to the conference includes:
Access to all-day programming, continental breakfast, lunch, free validated parking, networking opportunity and conference gift bag!
All Day Conference
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Art & Music Reception
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
West Hollywood Park Auditorium/Library
625 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069
Attend the Conference
$35 Early-bird ends 5/6 | $45 Advance ends 5/12 | $55 Day-of | $15 Senior/Full-Time Student Rate
Women’s Leadership Conference
May 13, 2017
For Sponsorship and Speaking Opportunities,
visit Conference > Participate.
Or for more information, email us directly.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
The City of West Hollywood
Past Conference Speakers
- Geena Davis, Founder and Chair, Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
- Mallika Chopra, Author and Founder and CEO of Intent.com
- Agape Stassinopoulos, Author, Unbinding the Heart
- The Honorable Sheila Kuehl
- Sandra Fluke, Lawyer and Social Justice Activist
- Kirby Dick & Amy Ziering, Producers and Director, The Invisible War and The Hunting Ground
- The Honorable Judy Chu, U.S. Representative
- The Honorable Fran Pavley, CA State Senate
- Natalie Mains, Dixie Chicks
- Jane Lynch, Actress/Producer
- Christine Essel, CEO, The Community Redevelopment Agency of the City of Los Angeles
- Madeline DiNonno, Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
- Maria Hall-Brown, PBS SoCal
- Jess Weiner, Author and Global Ambassador for the Dove Self-Esteem Fund
- Jodie Evans, Code Pink
- Dr. Cheryl Saban, Founder of the Women’s Self-Worth Foundation & Author
- Marie Da Silva, Founder of the Jacaranda Foundation & 2008 CNN Local Hero
- Sharon Davis, Former 1st Lady of California
- Tova Bonem, LA Confidential
- Sandy Banks, Journalist, The Los Angeles Times
- Bonnie Abaunza, Vice President, Remote Control Charitable Foundation & Human Rights Activist
- Cecilia Peck, Academy Award-winning Filmmaker
- Barbara Kopple, Filmmaker
- Lisa Pinto, Regional Director, Office of Representative Henry A. Waxman
- Rachel Michelin, Executive Director, California Women Lead
- Katie Buckland, Former Executive Director, California Women’s Law Center
- Angela Robinson; Director; The L Word
- Robyn Ritter Simon, National Women’s Political Caucus
- Kay Buck, Executive Director, Coalition Against Slavery & Trafficking Inc.
- Cecilia Moreno, Publisher, Genlux Magazine
- Lorna Chiu, Doctors Without Borders
- Sue Dunlap, CEO, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles
- Abby J. Leibman, President/CEO, MANZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- Bonnie Bruckheimer, Film & Television Producer & Women’s Media Advocate
- Monica Dodi, Co-Founder and Managing Director, The Women’s Venture Capital Fund
- Lisa Gates, Founder, Trainer and Coach, She Negotiates